No leads means no property buyers. Except for the availability of a property, leads or potential buyers are the most important thing for a real estate company to keep its business going. As people increasingly start their search for a house or an apartment online, it is only logical that leads are also increasingly found on the internet. Here’s some ideas for you to boost your lead generation for real estate properties.
Estate agents, often not great digital experts
For many estate agents digitization is a blessing, but for others it is a challenge. Customers expect to be able to easily find estate agents or companies within their area or in the area within which they are looking for a house, online. But that is not always the case. Often, estate agents still have too few digital skills to reach their target audience. And that puts a crimp in their leads.
Tips for generating real estate leads
Besides advertising on social media, Google or LinkedIn, there are other things you can tinker with to bring in as many new leads as possible. Let’s dive into them!
Make sure your SEO is up to scratch.
If you want to attract people to your website, you first have to make sure that your SEO is up to scratch. By optimising your SEO, you’ll be able to rank higher in Google. An important tip, knowing that people who are searching for something online mainly click on the first three visible links.
Here’s how your SEO is brought to perfection:
- Making the website copy SEO-proof. Choose the right titles and headings, make use of keywords and go for clear descriptions.
- In addition, make sure that your META descriptions and URLs conform to your text. It is also best not to make the latter too long.
- Internal linking: make sure that your webpages refer to other pages on your website. This way people get to see additional and therefore more complete information.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Another tip: go for an image with an ALT text that carries the same keyword as your title.
Write blogs and share your knowledge
Having your website copy up to scratch is one thing, continuing to attract visitors or attracting new ones is another. In addition to your SEO copy, a continuous content flow or sharing your knowledge is important to keep existing and new visitors interested.
The easiest way to share knowledge is through blogs. These are an efficient way to explain short topics in detail. A tip: split up your subjects as much as possible into blogs. The more blogs you have, the more likely it is that someone with a specific question will visit one of your website or blog pages. Always keep the above tips about copy in mind.
Video is the new way to communicate with your target group. As we all read less and take less time to do so, video is now a more effective way to reach people. However, there are some important things to keep in mind when choosing video content:
- Don’t make your videos too long. If you want to share your video organically, it is advisable not to make your video longer than 60 seconds. If you opt for an advertising video, it should be no longer than 30 seconds. The more concise the better, although you must of course ensure that your message is fully conveyed.
- Always provide subtitles, even in the language that the video is made out of. If you are making a video, it is best to provide subtitles. Viewers quickly scroll past in their rush, which means that the audio of your video does not immediately catch on. Do you want your message to come across? Then subtitle your video.
- Place a call to action at the end of your video** This encourages potential buyers or leads to take action and click further for more information.
- There are different types of videos you can make as a real estate agent:
- Advertising videos
- Interviews or Q&As
- Information videos
Although artificial intelligence and virtual reality are not yet hot topics, their use is very beneficial for attracting new leads or potential buyers. Not only is Google itself starting to screen more and more for interactive content, but in post-coronary times people are more cautious about physical encounters and it all has to go faster.
A good solution for speeding up the process of choosing a property investment can be a virtual tour. With this detailed online tour, potential buyers can get a very clear idea of the flat or house they have their eye on. Based on the images, they can even decide whether they want to buy the property or not! Fast and efficient!
Expand your network by visiting events
Although we are big fans of a digital approach, digital lead generation is not the only way to go. If you really want to get to know people and forge new relationships, you should meet them in real life as well. That’s why you should still regularly go to ‘live’ events where you can network and get new customers. Real estate leads are not only generated at real estate events. Broaden your environment and also visit events that have nothing to do with your business. Who knows, we might get to know you!
The most important lifeblood of a real estate agency or a real estate company are leads. Because without leads, there are no potential buyers to convince for the effective purchase of a property. As people increasingly start their search for a house or a flat online, it is only logical that leads are also increasingly found on the Internet. And with success, because nowadays they find almost all the answers to their questions on the worldwide web.
Immowi: boost your leads for real estate projects
Do you want to bring in digital leads, but don’t know how or don’t have the time? Immowi matches the unique characteristics of a national or international real estate project with the surfing and clicking behaviour of potential buyers or investors. The MyImmowi platform gives you insights into these real estate leads and analyses the current real estate market. The results from your follow-up are also benchmarked.
More information can be found here.